Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Blind Egg.

Today in class we were brought into the small kitchen on the first floor, then Beth told us that we would be cooking breakfast... blind folded. She then proceeded to put us into groups to let us know if we were helping the blind-folded kid at that time. The groups were 1.) Picking out the ingredients 2.) Preparing the food 3.) Cooking 4.) Table Setting & 5.) Clean-up. I had the privilege to be working in the Cooking group.

Once "random student" was blind folded, we really had to give them in depth instructions on what to do. I never really realized how hard it was to be blind folded while cooking.. weird. We then were telling him what to do, when all of the sudden Beth put the blind-fold on me... I was the worst. I had no idea what I was doing at all, which made me sort of frustrated. But with the help of my team members I didn't do as bad as I thought I was going too.

I think the difference between class that day & the real world is that you aren't always going to have "a group" watching over you. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be blind & having to go through day-to-day routines and not even being able to see.

I thought this was an amazing exercise because it really gave the class a chance to bond together & really show that we will always be there to help each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment