Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Thoughts On Competition.

When I think of competition, I think of people coming together and accomplishing something to beat another group that is doing the same thing. I believe in fair competition, not selfish.

My favorite article was Cooperation vs. Competition, it really gives a good example, using children, to show that cooperation & competition comes in any age. One thing I really enjoyed about the article was how the kids had the choice of either working alone, against another kid, or in a competition. In the end, the results were that the kids enjoyed shooting with a team, rather than being alone. Which makes pretty good sense considering kids don't really like to even be alone. I thought that using kids really made everything more clear between cooperation vs. competition.

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I really got anything out of the article Competition vs. Cooperation. It was just too much, and honestly I don't think that I'm the only one who felt that way. I only really got out of it that students enjoy working in a group better & feel better about themselves.

All-in-all I really liked the articles, I thought that being a team-player really hit home because it really showed that you have to do so many things to help a team out. Always being in contact, working around work/school, communication, and making your schedule more flexible. Personally I enjoy working in a group because it brings so many different ideas to the table & makes you grow stronger in that area of what your working on... rather than sitting in a classroom & taking notes after notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment