Monday, October 10, 2011

LiMiTATiONS.

This week our assignment was to take a piece of paper and write down "limitations" that keep us from doing/saying/being ourselves. I found this a very interesting thing to do. So after reading the assignment I went home and wrote down a couple of things down. I actually found it really hard to write down limitations in my life. I knew they were there- but for some reason they wouldn't come to mind, when I actually had to write them down and confront them. 


Next, after making the list- I didn't want my boyfriend/anyone to find it- because I didn't want him/anyone else to think that something was seriously wrong with me, and I needed help or something? Ha. Also, I have three dogs- so one of them finding it and displaying it/tearing it apart, also passed though my mind. So I had to put actually in my pillow case. So no evidence was found. 


After the week, I went back and reread the list I had made. I noticed one that really stuck out, which was "Being myself". To sum it up- might be a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm a very outspoken person and the type who doesn't really like to beat around the bush. It's not going to help anyone and the certain situation will just be carried on way longer than it should. So sometimes I find myself having to bite my tongue. I never like to hurt anyone or make anyone upset, but sometimes people really need to hear the truth. 


Soooooooo.... during work- I found myself having to hold back. Not be as good as I knew I could be. To prove a point. Sadly it blew up in my face, because now "I'm mean". Please. I just didn't let the other person get the better half of me. Which with limitations, it held me back. 


Good thing or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment